Monday, November 29, 2010

A Friend's Passing

My friend Oceana passed away last Sunday surrounded by love.

I’ve been crying. And determined to use this as an inspiration to live life more fully.

Oceana was a very special person and I was honored to know her.

She attended our laughter club only once, but she was fully supportive of it, posting its existence on her website, and reminding me at times about my laughter. Such as the time I was referred to as a “professional laugher” by our writing teacher, a very comical title to all of us. When I laughed at someone else’s humorous writing, the writer in question was told that didn’t count, because I laugh at everything. We all laughed at that.

Next week is the celebration of Oceana’s life. I hope to be able to laugh as much as cry.

George Bernard Shaw said, “Life does not cease to be funny when people die, any more than life ceases to be serious when people laugh.”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah Teresa, just reading this now, and I can hear your voice, it's so pleasant!

Peace & joy to you my sweetie, and thank you for sharing about your friend Oceana - wow, such a full and wonderful name! sounds like she lived up to it:-)

I enjoy hearing about your life of laughter, keep a sharin!
love, judy d'cash

Teresa Verde said...

Thanks for reading Judy! Peace and love and much laughter to you too!