Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Wild and Wonderful Women of Phinney Laughter Club

The monthly meeting of Phinney Laughter Club was especially wild last night!

We were thirteen women and one lucky guy.

A delightful seventeen-year old sought me out and brought her mom. I first assumed it was the opposite but her mother corrected me. Hooray for teenagers who come to laugh.

Rose battled rush hour traffic all the way from LaConner exclaiming “Girl, I’ve been looking for you for two years!” Sandy brought her wonderful self down from Edmonds. Eileen from Shoreline. Susan from Mukilteo, and as usual brought others to share in the experience. Thank you Susan - you help us grow. I love you women – you’re my regulars and the backbone of our club. I laugh as soon as you walk in the door.

Jean was taking notes for a Toastmaster’s speech about Laughter Yoga. My mouth was sore from all the laughing and at one point I was so far gone I had to instruct them to proceed without me. I think it was Eileen –she’s soooooooo funny.

No inhibitions anywhere. Pure fun. Non stop laughter. Laughter yoga at its absolute best. The name-and-pose laugh brought out the beauty queen in all of us. It’s the morning after and I’m laughing still.

Abe Lincoln said, “People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be”. We definitely made up our minds to laugh and be happy last night.

No comments: