Thursday, April 5, 2012

Is it Flirting or Is it Laughing?

In my life I have been accused of flirting too much, when in my mind all I have been doing is laughing.

So when they see perhaps their husbands laughing it up with me, it doesn’t always go over well.

Yet am I really the problem? Or is the problem that most people just don’t laugh nearly enough.

Statistics show that children laugh hundreds of times per day while adults only laugh a dozen or so times (on the average). Even more telling statistics show that in the 1950’s people laughed on the average for 18 minutes per day while in the 1990’s, for only 6 minutes per day. Not only have most people grown up and stopped laughing, our whole society has gotten far more serious. Something I seek to mend.

Back to laughing socially - I am actually pretty sensitive to when and how and with whom I am laughing, as well as how others are feeling about it. But perhaps others could also try a bit more, as Walt Disney said, to find their own laughing place.

Photo: Stock.xchnge

No comments: