Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Litany of Laughter Stories




I've been performing my morning laughter ritual slightly differently lately.  Instead of going through the laughter exercises, I conjure up some very funny stories from my life:

·      * Adele, the 80-something ex-nun in our writing class, who loved to shock, using the f-word, causing Bill, the sweet 80-something ex-newspaper reporter, to gasp slightly and question his ears with a “what?” causing the ex-nun to gleefully repeat her f-word….well you had to be there to get how hysterical this repartee was.

·      *My friend’s 5 year old daughter spontaneously, and for no clear reason, shouting  “Barbie Win!!!”  with fist pumped in the air for emphasis.

*  * Or Rex doing his James Brown imitation!!!

Retrieving memories, that kept me howling then, are keeping me howling now.

Photo:  Stock.xchnge

No comments: