Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Laughs


My neighbor across the street has placed a voluminous replication of some creature on her front door. It looks like a cross between Yoga and Voldemort. Half benign, half devious. Whatever it is, it makes me laugh and laugh every time I emerge from my house.

Triggering Halloween thoughts, I dig out my one prop for this holiday – a chartreuse green feather boa, laughingly purchased at Costume & Display some years ago. I continue laughing even more.

A Japanese friend tells me a Halloween story, from when she first moved to our country. Walking into a bank for the first time, she was thrown into anxious confusion at the sight of tellers dressed in outrageous designs. We had big laughs over her reminiscing of her first knowledge of our end of October ritual.

A writer friend tells me about the two kids who came to his house dressed as lawyers, in business suits with brief cases and even business cards – hands down, the scariest ones to arrive at his front door.

I hope this Halloween has brought you much laughter.

2 comments:

wanderwoman said...

I, too, love the rituals of Halloween, and had a very laughter-filled evening and following morning as we recounted the events of the evening over brunch. Then Monday at work more laughter ensued as everyone shared photos from their parties. Aaahhh...nothing like a good laugh. Great post, Teresa!

Teresa Verde said...

Thanks for reading and sharing!!!