Saturday, November 7, 2009

Integrity, Loss and Laughter

Over the past few months, I’ve had a falling out with three good friends over an integrity issue. It’s been difficult. Very difficult.

And I’ve felt it in my laughter programs – my spark lessened. I’ve known it’s a temporary loss - the peak in my laughter brightness gone a bit dimmer.

I remember my own words, the words I repeat before every laughter program: “If you can laugh when life becomes challenging, it’s something very special. It’s a profound life skill.”

I remember my other words: “As you learn to self-generate your own laughter, you learn to choose your own emotions; instead of your emotions choosing you.”

With these words, I choose to laugh again as brightly as before. I choose forgiveness. I choose love. And I allow my laughter to flow from there.

Photo: Stock.xchnge

No comments: