Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rachel Maddow


Rachel Maddow is the best – fun, perky, animated, personality-plus and funny. Anyone who can make the news funny is top- of-the-line in my book.

I just discovered Ms. Maddow, on the verge of disowning news altogether, a process that now actually has a name: media fast. I got so fed up with top golfers apologizing for events we should be collectively embarrassed to know about; Olympic judges bringing personal politics into their scoring (just my opinion of course); and Obama, dear Obama unable to get anything done because one particular political party beginning with the letter R, stand solid against his success at the expense of the country (just my opinion of course)….

I digress into politics. Forgive me. But I was so fed up, I even switched my email from Yahoo to Google, to escape the major gossip headlines in my face, every time I checked my email.

Then a friend told me about Rachel Maddow, news commentator on MSNBC. What a joy. Rachel makes the news palatable. She really does. She’s just a great example of using humor and laughter to ease the stress of difficult situations; and just having more fun with it, whatever it is. Any information is more palatable when dished out with humor, fun and laughter. If we must know the bad news (because you know there actually is good news out there, and plenty of it – but that’s another story), I’ll take it from RM.

Thank you Rachel Maddow.

(Wikimedia Commons Photo)

No comments: