Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gorgeous Man

I was told he was gorgeous. It was a man I was about to do business with. My new lawyer. The vision of a Ken doll flashed through my mind. Uninterested in classic good looks, I was already unimpressed. It’s the spirit that defines beauty to me.

Yet upon meeting “the gorgeous man”, I had to agree. Yes he was tall, yes he was dark, but he was really only somewhat handsome. What made him really shine was his beautiful smile and easy laugh and all the positive, engaging energy that goes along with it. He was glowing, a truly gorgeous human being.

It is said by some that laughter is the #1 most romantic trait. That doesn’t mean boring your date with telling jokes, often meant to impress rather than to connect. It means true laughter reflecting a passion for life, a genuineness of being, a positive attitude, a fun-loving nature. Who doesn’t want to be around someone who laughs? Laughter is magnetic. It draws people in. The laughter of one person can light up an entire roomful of people. That willing smile and easy laugh is all it takes for anyone to be truly beautiful.

I enjoyed doing business with the gorgeous man.

Photo: Stock.xchnge

No comments: