Friday, July 12, 2013

It's Healing to Laugh!



It’s healing to laugh!  I’ve said it many times.  Perhaps it’s time to say it again.

As I’m about to proceed to my appointment with my reflexologist this morning, I quickly think to exchange my boring white socks for the ones with bright colored dots.  For I know this will give us an added laugh – just before she goes to work on my feet.

I chose my new ND for many good reasons, one of which is that I know how easily she laughs.  For she was in my laughter class at Bastyr University last year.  And indeed we spend not a small amount of our visits in boisterous laughter.  It is so healing.   The other stuff feels almost incidental.  Though it’s also great healing stuff.

Laughter heals in so many ways: boosts the immune system, stimulates the brain, gives a cardiovascular workout, shakes up the internal organs, strengthens the lungs, reduces pain, stimulates and relaxes our muscles, and last but not least, give us a grand emotional and spiritual boost!

Photo:  Phinney Laughter Club - July edition!

No comments: